Saturday, May 21, 2011

For Writings Sake…

“Isn’t it time you started your blog?”

Time and again have well meaning friends suggested the same thing. All of them but one or two were female, blogged passionately, and posted their stuff every week or so. It was touch and go of course, sometimes there was readable stuff, and at times I couldn’t understand it.

But what was important was they were having a ton of fun.

“I can’t think of anything to write.” I mumble.

“Write about something you are passionate about!” I don’t know how many people have told me this, using this exact sentence, but is certainly a high number. “Relate daily happenings. “Post cool stuff.” Yeah, that too.

I show unwillingness to discuss more, and they nicely change the subject.

* * *

The reason why my blog is updated so infrequently is rather hard to explain. Time is hardly a constraint. I’m a fast typist and certainly can find time to do it if I wanted.

The concept of blogging, as I saw it, always mystified me.

What eluded me was the point of the whole exercise. What could be so interesting in my personal life that people on the internet would read it?

People suggested writing about my interests. Well, as far as that goes, what could I say that hasn’t been said before? Would my combination of interests appeal to anyone else who read blogs!? Do I even know enough about things to write on them?

* * *


To tell the truth, logic did not play a very large part in my thought process at the time. Or rather, it was rather overshadowed by inferiority complex.

The strangest thing about this whole blog unwillingness issue is that although I had no concrete ambition, out of all the places I regularly pictured myself at; a writer’s desk was one of the most common!

I knew I enjoyed writing; I had enjoyed writing about things I had. I felt that writing is a way of facilitating thinking.

The magic of having a creation you are proud of. That is one more thing that I felt great happiness about when writing. I don’t know why I feel more inclined towards writing now, it could be anything.

I had found my answer. I shall write because I like writing. Not because I want people on the internet to marvel at it. I resolve to write for writings sake, nothing more, nothing else.

* * *

No comments:

Post a Comment